Canada's Online Fishing Guide featuring Canadian fishing trips

View Canada's most popular Fishing Destinations
Plan and book your fishing trip online with us
Check out our destination spotlight
View our trophy fish pics from across Canada


Fishing trip package specials and discounts

Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest destination news and be the first to hear of fishing trip specials

Fishing Info


Clubs and Organizations

Tackle Shops and Retailers

British Columbia Licenses & Regulations

Licensing Requirements
If you are 16 years of age or older:
* you must have a valid basic licence to sport fish for any species of fish in non-tidal waters (including salmon).
* you must purchase appropriate supplementary licences and stamps.
* you must carry your license while sport fishing and , if asked, produce it for inspection by a Conservation Officer, Fishery Officer, RCMP constable, Park Ranger in a park, or an Officer under the Wildlife Act.
* basic and supplementary licenses and stamps are not valid in National Parks.

If you are under 16 and a non-resident of BC
* you do not require any licence or stamp to sport fish, but you must be accompanied by a person (residential or non-residential) who has the appropriate licences and stamps.
* any fish you keep must be counted as part of the catch and possession of your accompanying licence holder.
* If you want to catch and keep your own quota of fish, you may buy a licence and any necessary supplementary licences and stamps.

If you are a resident of BC and disabled, you may qualify for a reduced fee licenced.
* to get an application form, contact any Government Agent Office, BC Environment Office or write to :
Fisheries Branch
Ministry of Environment
Lands and Parks
2-780 Blanchard Street
Victoria, BC V8V 1X4
Web site:

Classified Waters
A number of highly productive yet heavily fished rivers and streams, are currently being monitored, requiring all anglers to have a special licence to fish in these areas.

The Classified Waters Licence is a supplementary licence, purchased in addition to a basic angling licence and species-specific conservation surcharge.

Anglers planning guided trips can simply purchase their licences through their guides.

For anglers planning a non-guided trip, a Classified Waters Licence may be purchased at sporting goods stores, through Government Agents and from local resort operators or guides.

For more information, contact the Fisheries Branch

International Travellers
When entering Canada, visitors will be asked to provide proof of citizenship. All vehicles should carry a motor vehicle registration form and proof of insurance. Vehicles not registered to the driver require a letter of authorization.

For further information concerning customs regulations, contact

Revenue Canada, Customs Border Services, Regional Information Unit, 333 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 5R4 or call (604) 666-0545.

GST rebates for visitors

The Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 7% is applicable to most purchased goods and services, but rebates on accommodations and purchases taken out of the country can be claimed by non-residents of Canada. Some restrictions apply.

For more information, in Canada, call 1-800-66-VISIT
Outside Canada, call (902) 432-5608; or contact Canada Customs at (604) 666-1802.

Freshwater Fishing Regulations

Saltwater fishing regulations and info

Note:This is for information purposes only. It is neccessary for all anglers to review the provincial angling regulations for more detailed info on limits and regulations.


Canadian fishing trips at discount rates

About us Advertising Related sites Home

Copyright© 2001 Fishing Destinations.Ca. All Rights Reserved